Monday, February 19, 2007

Jordi's "What Not to Wear"

Without knowing it, Jordi gave me some astute fashion analysis today. We were getting ready to leave the house for Jordi's weekly ballet class. She was ready to go, and just nonchalantly observing me tuck in my shirt and button up my pants, a pair of khakis that are admittedly worn looking, too big, and unfashionably high-waisted, but among the few pairs that of pants that are fitting me these days!

"Mommy, (removing thumb and pointing), are those pants too high?" (Jordi doesn't like the feel of any waistband whatsoever around her waist; it causes her to frantically push it away, saying "AIGGH! Too high! Too high!")

Although Chris was cracking up in the background, I tried to stay matter-of-fact and calmly said "Yes, Jordi, they are too high."

She continued to observe as I cinched the waist in order to buckle my belt, then innocently asked "Mommy, are those Daddy's pants?"

Groan! Obviously, these pants are not giving me my best look. I guess I either need to go shopping or get dressed in private!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?